Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 11:31 am
Rovinia beach is located in the area of Liapades in western Corfu just south of the rocky shores of Paleokastritsa.
Small, remote, beautiful, and unspoiled.
Corfu western coastal mountain range literally collapses steeply into the sea creating a natural dam of the coast from the interior of the island.
Rovinia, therefore, is accessible from the sea as well as from the land through a small path with steps, about 600 meters long, unlike the other isolated beaches of the area which are accessible only by the sea.
It is deserted, therefore not very crowded, with fine pebbles, little sand, and a turquoise crystal clear sea in a landscape of exceptional natural beauty, it could be a nudist beach.
It is a small petal-shaped beach, almost surrounded by tall rocks on both sides, rocks that at its southern end creating a small but spectacular cave.
Waters in Rovinia are crystal clear, fairly cold, almost frozen, as well as in the whole area of Paleokastritsa, due to the cold streams from the Adriatic that end up on these coasts.
They deepen abruptly so the beach is also suitable for those who want to use the surrounding rocks for diving.
We have not visited it yet, but seeing it from the pictures we have the impression that we been there already, or to be more precise we have found our selves on a very similar beach many years ago, but we certainly do not remember where.
It is the famous Deja vu, this beach looks amazing the same in all with a beach that exists either in Lesvos or Lemnos islands in the Aegean sea, but we certainly do not remember the place or the name …
In fact, Greece has so many beautiful places that resemble each other.
We hope to be able to visit Rovinia in the near future, in the meantime we try to convince you to visit it, it is worth the effort as those who were been there say, as well as the very positive comments by foreign tourists.
All resorts with beaches
Resorts with beaches in Corfu
Peroulades is a small village with simple apartments and villas, perfect to enjoy the wonderful sandy beach.… Read More
Roda is one of the older villages on the north coast where tourism has been well established for many years.… Read More
Acharavi a few years ago was a village, clustered around the well in the middle, but now is a huge beach resort.… Read More
Kavos is on the southernmost edge of Corfu island, with rich and notorious nightlife.… Read More
Messonghi is a very large beach located on the east coast of Corfu, next to the large tourist resort of Moraitika.… Read More
The old village of Moraitika sits on a hill at the base of which lies the modern resort stretching down to the shore.… Read More
The village of Pelekas is situated on a hill overlooking all central Corfu. Kontogialos is the beach under the village.… Read More
Dassia was the site of Europe’s first Club Mediterranee, a large shingle beach, popular among families.… Read More
Ipsos is a large bay at the foot of Mount Pantocrator, It has water sports and a diving school. Dolphins can be seen out at sea.… Read More
Gouvia is a large bay and a popular holiday resort, but it now has an added attraction- the island’s largest marina.… Read More
Saint George is a resort in northwest Corfu, a spectacular huge horseshoe-shaped sandy bay, fringed with small hotels, bars, and tavernas.… Read More
Agios Gordios is a long wide sandy stretch, offering water sports and plenty of entertainment in the bars and tavernas along its length.… Read More
Barbati resort was until recently a stony beach beloved of Corfiots who came to picnic in the olive groves at weekends.… Read More
Rovinia beach is a small, remote, beautiful, and unspoiled beach in west Corfu. It is considered the most beautiful beach in Corfu.… Read More
Issos beach in Southwest Corfu lays just south of Chalikounas with Korission lake in the background and St George to the south.… Read More
Halikounas is several kilometers of sand in southwestern Corfu, between the northern Ionian sea and the Lake of Korission.… Read More
Glyfada is Corfu’s cosmopolitan beach, stretched at the bottom of an olive and cypress covered hill- looking out across the sea to Italy.… Read More
Ermones is on a dramatic cove at the west coast of Corfu, claiming to be the place where Odysseus landed and found the lovely Princess Nausika.… Read More
Saint Stefanos and Arillas, these two bays are great favorites with visitors who return year after year and really feel ‘local’.… Read More
Myrtiotissa is on the western coast of the island, and isolated, therefore since the 60`s it was the nudist beach of Corfu.… Read More
Nissaki means small island- and it is, now linked to the mainland, and containing one of the island’s oldest tavernas… Read More
Asprokavos and Arkoudilas capes - the hard-to-reach and wild beaches at the southern end of Corfu island… Read More
Gardenos beach is situated in the southwest end part of Corfu, it is the beachside of the traditional village of Vitalades.… Read More
The wide golden sandy beach of Santa Barbara in the southwest of the island of Corfu.… Read More
The large golden sandy beach of Marathia in southwest Corfu, many miles of sand stretching down south up to the cape of Arkoudilas.… Read More
St George south in Argyrades, 33 km from Corfu town, It is a tourist resort with a vast sandy beach also known as Saint George south.… Read More
- Erimitis Beaches: Hidden Jewels at North Corfu January 6, 2019 Erimitis area is the Northeastern tip of Corfu island, From…
- What are The 10 Top Beaches in Corfu Voted by You? June 27, 2017 The Top 10 beaches of Corfu, as voted by you…
- The Cedar Forest of Korission Lake at the Beaches of… June 9, 2017 Next, to Korission lake, a small cedar forest between the…
- 7 Hidden Corfu Paradise Beaches Near Paleokastritsa April 12, 2017 Under Paleokastritsa, there are some high cliffs that end abruptly…
- Paleokastritsa Beach: A Beautiful Corfu Resort April 10, 2015 Paleokastritsa, about 25 km from Corfu town. One of the…
- Sidari Corfu: Beach Resort and Canal d`Amour April 10, 2015 Sidari on the northwest end of Corfu. A large tourist…
- Peroulades and Loggas Wild Sandy Corfu Beach April 10, 2015 Peroulades is a small village with simple apartments and villas,…
- Roda Corfu: Beach and Holiday Resort at North April 10, 2015 Roda is one of the older villages on the north…
- Acharavi Beach: A Large Holiday Resort in North Corfu April 10, 2015 Acharavi a few years ago was a village, clustered around…
- Kavos Corfu: Still a Resort With Notorious Nightlife? April 10, 2015 Kavos is on the southernmost edge of Corfu island, with…
- Messonghi Beach and Hotel May 15, 2015 Messonghi is a very large beach located on the east…
- Moraitika Beach Resort in Southeast Corfu April 10, 2015 The old village of Moraitika sits on a hill at…