Last updated on October 23rd, 2020 at 06:19 pm
Sofrito Corfiot Recipe
Sofrito is another Venetian recipe that has been incorporated into Corfu’s cuisine.
It is a traditional beef-based dish served with fries or spaghetti or rice or with puree according to different tastes.
- 4 thin slices of veal
- 150 grams of olive oil
- 50 grams of vinegar white or red
- 1 bunch of parsley finely chopped
- Flour enough to cover the meat
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- Salt and black pepper
How to do it
- Put some oil in a pan
- Flour slices of meet on both sides
- Put the meat in the pan where the oil has already been hot and turn it on the other side when it rises.
- Remove the slices of meat and put them in a saucepan
- Put a little olive oil together with a bunch of finely chopped parsley and finely chopped garlic in a clean pan, sauté for 1 minute.
- Put the sautéed parsley and garlic in the saucepan with the beef and put the pot in the fire.
- Once it starts to boil, put some vinegar and hot water immediately to cover the meat well and let it boil
- Pour salt and pepper and let it boil well.
- At the end, lower the fire a bit when the sauce has become thick, that means that the food is ready.