Last updated on March 22nd, 2023 at 11:53 am
Ipsos is a small village located on the eastern coast of the Greek island of Corfu.
It is situated about 14 km north of the island’s capital city, Corfu Town, and is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beach and vibrant nightlife.
Ipsos is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports like jet skiing and parasailing. There is a diving school here, and dolphins are often spotted frolicking out at sea. There are also plenty of beachfront bars and restaurants where you can relax and enjoy the views.
At the southern end, there is a small harbor with fishing boats and boats for hire, and if you walk inland you can visit the small village of Analipsis.
At the northern end, Ipsos joins the small village of Pyrghi, it is hard for the visitor to know where one begins and the other ends!
In the evening, Ipsos comes to life with a bustling nightlife scene. There are many bars, clubs, and discos that stay open until the early hours of the morning. The main strip in Ipsos is lined with music venues, pubs, and restaurants serving traditional Greek cuisine.
Aside from nightlife, Ipsos also has some historical and cultural attractions. The village is home to the Agios Markos monastery, which dates back to the 15th century. There are also several churches and chapels in the area that are worth a visit.
On the lower slopes of the hill, near Ipsos, are the beautiful villages of Ano Korakiana and Ag. Markos. The latter was abandoned years ago but is being brought back to live gradually, its old houses re-emerging from the ivy and undergrowth which has hidden them.
The beach at Ipsos is a long pebble beach that stretches for about 1.5 kilometers along the eastern coast of Corfu. The beach is characterized by its crystal-clear waters and its pebble surface, which is comfortable to walk on but may require water shoes for some visitors.
The beach is well-organized with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas available for rent, as well as showers and changing rooms. There are also several beach bars and restaurants along the beachfront that serve food and drinks.
The water at Ipsos beach is shallow, making it suitable for children and less confident swimmers. However, there may be some waves and currents on windy days, so it’s important to take caution when swimming.
Overall, the beach at Ipsos is a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy the sun and sea. It’s popular with tourists and locals alike, and it’s a great place to spend a day with family or friends.
Lodging in Ipsos
There are a variety of hotels and apartments available in Ipsos. Here are some options:
- Telesilla Hotel: This is a 3-star hotel located in the heart of Ipsos, just 100m from the beach. It offers a swimming pool, restaurant, and bar.
- Hotel Aurora Beach: This is a 2-star hotel located just 50m from the beach. It offers a swimming pool, bar, and restaurant.
- Ipsos Beach Hotel: This is a 3-star hotel located just a few meters from the beach. It offers a swimming pool, restaurant, and bar.
- Ipsos Holidays Apartments: This complex offers apartments and studios with fully equipped kitchenettes. It also features a swimming pool, bar, and snack bar.
- Anastasia Apartments: This is a family-run complex with apartments and studios located just a few minutes walk from the beach. It features a swimming pool, restaurant, and bar.
- Marina Apartments: This is a complex of apartments located just a few meters from the beach. It offers fully equipped kitchenettes, a swimming pool, and a snack bar.
These are just a few examples of the hotels and apartments available in Ipsos, Corfu. It’s always a good idea to check reviews and amenities before making a booking to find the best option for your needs.
Things to do and Attractions in Ipsos
If you’re visiting Ipsos in Corfu, here are some of the things you can do:
- Visit the beach: The main attraction in Ipsos is its pebble beach with clear waters. It’s a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Ipsos is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars, clubs, and discos staying open until the early hours of the morning.
- Take a boat tour: You can take a boat tour along the coast of Corfu to see the island from a different perspective. Some tours also include stops for swimming and snorkeling.
- Visit the Agios Markos Monastery: This 15th-century monastery is located just outside Ipsos and is a peaceful spot to visit.
- Explore Corfu Town: Corfu Town is the capital of the island and is just a short drive from Ipsos. It has a beautiful old town with narrow streets, colorful buildings, and plenty of cafes and restaurants.
- Go on a hike: There are several hiking trails in the area that offer stunning views of the coastline and surrounding hills.
- Visit the water park: Aqualand is a popular water park located about 15 km from Ipsos. It has plenty of water slides, pools, and other attractions for all ages.
- Take a cooking class: Learn how to cook traditional Greek dishes at a cooking class in Ipsos.
- Visit nearby beaches: There are several other beaches located near Ipsos, including Barbati Beach, Nissaki Beach, and Dassia Beach.
Ipsos is known for its beautiful long pebble beach, clear waters, and bustling nightlife with numerous bars, clubs, and discos staying open until the early hours of the morning.
The surrounding area of Ipsos offers many opportunities for sightseeing, including the nearby traditional villages of Ano Korakiana and Agios Markos, which offer a glimpse into Corfu’s rich cultural heritage.
Overall, Ipsos is a lively and popular holiday destination that offers a range of activities and amenities to suit all types of travelers, from families to young adults.
Leave a Comment